Beyond Social Media Show # 61
David Erickson and I discussed the role of social media in news coverage of Ferguson protests; the danger of cyber attacks; an aroused horse who photobombed a conservative Congressman’s fund raiser, and much more on episode 61 of the Beyond Social Media Show. The video is time-stamped so you can jump directly to any segment.
Worst Digital Cases
- PR Firm Aiding Ferguson Responds To Industry Critics
– Does everyone really deserve PR representation?
- PUMA Twitter Hashtag Goes Seriously Wrong
- Agency Tries To Make Unskippable YouTube Pre-roll Ad
– Everybody skips the ads in YouTube videos. Is threatening to electrocute a puppy a legitimate way to get people to watch pre-roll? So funny I forgot to laugh.
- More Than 1000 Businesses Hit By Cyber Attack That Felled Target
- Gary Kiehne For Congress Campaign Ad Features Aroused Horse
– Kiehn is a conservative Congressional candidate from Arizona who once said that 99% of mass shootings are done by Democrats. Hmm, do you suppose the horse is a Democrat?
- Celebrity Gift Bag Peddlers Use Robin Williams For PR Pitch From HellThis one goes straight to the Press Releases From Hell hall of fame!
Best Digital Cases
- Vice Media Post Hours-Long Video Stream Of Ferguson Protests
- In-Tweet Commerce
– Re/Code reports Twitter will enable Buy buttons that let you purchase items directly from a Tweet and enter payment & shipping information without leaving Twitter
- ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
– Even puppies got in on the challenge, which transcended politics and has raised more than $70 million for The ALS Association
Shiny New Stuff
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS