Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 63
In this episode, BL and David discuss brands’ dim-witted 9/11 tweets, the Ray Rice/NFL debacle, the Apple Watch & iPhone 6 product launch…and much more…
Worst Digital Cases
- 9/11 Brand Tweets
The worst, hands down, was from @BikramArlington, a yoga studio. (LEFT)
Owner Zahra Vaezi, 33, told the Washington Post, “I didn’t realize people would be so ‘roar,’ you know?”
In response to the Twitter storm that followed, one Tweet read: “I wrote that stupid post at 1am with yoga brain. …”.
Frankly, I believe that brands should just shut up on 9/11 unless they have a cause-related message like raising money for victims or their children.
- DeGiormo Pizza’s 100% Insensitive #WhyIStayed Tweet
The Ray Rice debacle inspired the #WhyIStayed and #WhyILeft hashtags in Twitter, with wrenching and heart-breaking Tweets. DiGiormo’s contribution: #WhyIStayed You had pizza.(Left)
In response to the immediate backlash the Tweet was quickly deleted. The brand then Tweeted: “A million apologies. Did not read what the hashtag was about before posting.”
But so what? What goes online stays online. Forever.
- Ray Rice/NFL Timeline
- Apple’s “Live” Stream of Product Launch
Best Digital Cases
- Apple Watch, Apple Pay, iPhone 6 & iPhone 6 Plus
- Delicious, Edible Billboard
- Mr. Kipling Billboard Timelapse [VIDEO]
- Jason Falls Joins Elasticity [VIDEO]
- Animal Focus Group [VIDEO]
- Foot Locker’s Race Against The Clock Challenge
Shiny New Stuff
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS