Beyond Social Media Show # 51
This week: B.L. Ochman and David Erickson discuss GM’s crash crisis goof; United breaks another guitar; John Oliver’s Net Neutrality Rant that brought down the FCC website and a wifi-connected alarm clock that takes your real money out of your bank account if you hit the snooze button more than once.
Worst Digital Cases
- United Breaks Guitars 2 – they’re at it again!
- You’ll never trust a shortened URL again
- GM sends recall notices to dead crash victims
- Pathetic stunt for smoked salmon brand
We have come full circle, from one identical event to another. What can you do about it?
Best Digital Cases
- John Oliver’s Net Neutrality Rant Crashes FCC Website
- Stephens Elementary School’s Virtual Field Trip via Hangout on Air
- LEGO has world’s best business cards – ever!
- AXE Social Effort Scale for Guys – be like BL’s dog
- Reality TV show planned about Mars Colonization Mission
Shiny New Stuff
- Instagram’s 10 new editing tools
- Evernote Card Scanner replaces Card Munch
- Snuz n Luz WiFi Donation Alarm Clock
Connects via WiFi to your online bank account, and donates YOUR real money to an organization you HATE when you decide to snooze!
Examples: You’re a Republican, set the donation to MoveOn.org; You’re a hunter, set the donation to PETA.
Makes withdrawal if you hit snooze more than once.
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS