Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 67
Co-hosts B.L. Ochman & David Erickson discussed Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella’s outrageous suggestion that women rely on karma instead of asking for a raise; the DIY Cloak of invisibility; freelance terrorist hunters; Jewish Star Trek stars & VW; major updates at Google+ & Hangouts and lots more!
Worst Digital Cases
- Brands chastizing, but not leaving the NFL
- Unimaginable Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella stance (& later regret) on why women should rely on $karma for raises
Best Digital Cases
- Impact of freelance online terrorist hunters?
- Mind Blown: DIY Cloak of Invisibility is here!
- VW taps Jewish Star Trek stars Kirk & Scottie to “Bemah me Up!” in E-Golf Car ads
- Poachable: like a dating site for job changers
Poachable’s kind of like a dating site for jobs. You tell them what it would take to get you to change jobs, and what companies might be a good match.
They look for opportunities that match what you say, let you know what they find, and, if the interest is mutual, they make an introduction AND set up an informational phone call.
Poachable found that people in tech want to get poached by Google’s super-cool Google X far more than joining any other tech company.
Shiny New Stuff
- Google launches iOS app PRIMER with 5-minute marketing lessons for start-ups
- Paper Camera app with fantastic filters and fine-tuning control
– Dave’s Example of Paper Camera
- Google+ launches polls in posts (and they’re pretty too)
- Dave Berbris says Google+ is here for the long haul,with emphasis on Hangouts, Communities & Google+ Photos (which Dave notes are truly awesome)
- Click to Tweet WordPress PlugIn
– Examples of Click to Tweet
- Why You need to add Google+ Hangouts to your digital strategy – Oct 22, 3-4 PM with NASA Social Media Manager John Yembrick and NY Times Social Media Editor Sona Patel & Ronnie Bincer, produced by B.L. Ochman
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS