Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 36, Feb 22, 2014
Worst Digital Cases
- Nestle’s recalls Hot Pockets stuffed with 8.7 million pounds of “diseased and unsound animals” but does not make a public apology or explain how anyone can miss 8.7 million pounds of anything
- Brilliant 7th grader builds functioning Braille printer out of Legos. It’s in worst cases because Lego has said nothing
- DHL “Prank” against comeptitors is denied by DHL, saying ad agency went rogue and produced it without their knowledge. Oh Puh-lese!
- Dave is interviewed on TV about a Rogers HS, MN social media kerkuffle that got one kid suspended for 2 months over a Tweet that’ll follow him forever
- Groupon celebrated President’s Day by featuring someone who was never president. Ooops!
- TripCase’s bad case: they didn’t tell him his flight was cancelled. He spends the night at the airport. Uh oh!
- Why are the Olympics in Russia? Armed guards prevent puppy rescue.
- Dave’s first week with GoogleGlass
Best Digital Cases
- NowThisNews’ method of curating Instagram photos
- LinkedIn rolls out its publishing platform to everyone and Dave thinks it could be a very big deal
- Girl Scout is one smart cookie! Sells out her cookies in 45 minutes outside Green Cross Medical Marijuana Clinic
- Pepsi is putting consumer Vines on digital billboards in 7 cities across the UK
Shiny New Stuff
- UpCloseAndPersona.com – free online lead generation tool for B2B marketers
- KGlasses – replicates human brain processes
- Nokia Treasure Tags helps you locate lost objects with your phone