By B.L. Ochman
Here are my tips on how to find – and learn from – great content on GooglePlus.
– Start on your Google+ Homepage, click on the Explore tab, which takes you to a page where you can enter #Hashtags describing the content you want to find.
– In this example, I entered #glutenfree which took me to a page with content about glutenfree cooking and showed me several related tags that I could explore.
– Posts about #glutenfree populate the page and you can explore the ones you find most interesting. From there you can
* add people and pages you find interesting to your circles,
* see who they have in their circles,
* learn what communities are available on the topic you’ve searched
* see what events are scheduled on the topics you selected
– Janice Mansfield caught my eye and her profile shows that she has more than *1.1 Million* followers, and that she’s the chef at the website Real Food Made Easy, and the creator of House Made cocktail bitters and syrups – all of which have links from her GooglePlus page.
She also teaches cooking classes using Google+ hangouts at ChefHangout.com. These are Interactive cooking classes that you can follow in your own kitchen. You pay for them on her website and then get the URL for participating in the class Hangouts on Air.
When you sign up for one of the classes – which cost between $20 and $25 and are one hour long – you also can share your choice with your followers on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
Her Google+ presence is a great example of integrated marketing. She has used her G+ page to drive her followers to her website, blog, and her products and paid classes.
And, equally importantly, she has given her SEO a huge boost by originating, tagging, claiming authorship and sharing her Google+ content with over a million people.
Lots to learn just by doing a little exploring. Your turn!