I had the pleasure of being featured on writer, speaker, podcaster, communications and social media consultant, content marketer and curator Donna Papacosta’s podcast, where we discussed why it’s high time to get up to speed on GooglePlus.
The main reason? Google+ is not just another social network. It’s Google.
You can watch the video of the interview here.
In this conversation, among other things, I outlined the great work in G+ of some big brands, and also offered this advice:
- Be sure your Google+ profile is complete
- Use a great headshot; be sure yours is the correct size and orientation
- Remember Google+ is a very image-friendly place; use photos and other visuals to your advantage
- Take advantage of Google+ Communities
- Be sure to try out Google Hangouts, which offer rich features to enhance your online communications
- Keep in mind that Google has changed its search algorithms so that engagement matters!
- Google+ is Google after all, and tightly integrated with Google Search.
- Think about working with a Google+ guide to help you navigate the ins and outs.
For more information about GooglePlus coaching for associations and agencies:
Contact me at 917-566-5855 or email me BL aT whatsnextonline.com
If you’re in the Toronto area, be sure to check out Donna’s upcoming Hands-on Social Media Workshop.