Noting that all the great marketing in the world is no substitute for great content, Search Engine Journal has a post about how to optimize your blog so it can stand out among the 75.000 new blogs launched every day.
– Put Keywords in post headlines
– Optimize the template. Make sure post titles appear in the title tag and append the title tag (hard code) with the most important phrase for your blog. Example:
“50 Ways To Write a T-Shirt Slogan – Search Engine Journal”
Search Engine Journal is included on every blog post title tag automatically.
– use the blog post title as the permalink.
– Make it easy for your blog readers to subscribe and include RSS feed subscription buttons or “chicklets” in a side bar or on a dedicated Subscription Info page.
– Add your posts to social bookmarking sites with this tool
– Ping the major RSS feed and Blog search engines each time you post.
– Make useful comments on other blogs.
– Offer RSS to Email.
– Submit your blog to RSS and Blog directories
Related What’s Next Blog Posts:
How to Write Killer Blog Posts and More Compelling Comments
Search Results from Newsletter
How to Search Engine Optimize Your Press Releases and Why Your Press Room Should Be a Blog Posted by BL Ochman