David Erickson and B.L. discussed three post State of the Union interviews with President Obama by YouTube stars; Facebook’s dubious video views; the NHL’s partnership with GoPro; Dove’s curly-haired girls commercial; Amazon Originals pilot season; plus great new ‘why didn’t I think of those?’ apps and useful stats.
Beyond Social Media Show is now on iTunes & Stitcher!
*We’d be wildly appreciative if you would please review our podcast:
Please note: the videos of award-winning Beyond Social Media Show are time-stamped so that you can jump directly to a segment of interest by clicking on the time.
Worst Digital Cases
- The Week’s dreadful customer service yields to B.L.’s Rent-a-Kvetch skills
- Is Facebook inflating video view stats? Are they counting every time a video plays automatically as a view?
- Should MLK Jr. Day be re-named ‘social media intern firing day”?
Best Digital Cases
- YouTube comedian GloZell Green, Bethany Mota, who is said to earn an estimated $40,000 per month from her YouTube channel, and Hank Green (no relation to GloZell) interviewed the president on their YouTube channels. Why? They reach an audience of 16 million people who were probably not going to watch the State of the Union speech.
- Dove Celebrates Curly Haired Little Girls
Shiny New Stuff
- Samsung Gear VR Headset
- Invisible Boyfriend
- Insanely Large List of SEO Tools & Other Useful Resources
- Hillary Nutcracker & Bill Clinton Corkscrew Set
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS