Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 60
Worst Digital Cases
- Rush Limbaugh’s totally tasteless quote about Robin Williams
Limbaugh said, and later denied that he said that Williams killed himself because “leftists are never happy… “They’re always angry about something. No matter what they get, they’re always angry.”
His denial prompted Marketwatch to publish the actual transcript in which Limbaugh said exactly what he denied saying.
- Edelman PR Tells Clients the Best Way to Capitalize on Robin Williams’ Death
Gawker said it best: “Suicide: only a bad thing if you don’t have a communications strategy prepared.” #FAIL
It’s a known scam and it’s bilked people out of more than $5 million!
The caller, who had a heavy Indian accent, threatened in several messages on my answering machine, that he was from the “Criminal investigation unit of the IRS. You are the prime suspect in a criminal offense of tax fraud”
Do not ignore this message, he said, or the police will arrest you and your spouse. My dog, despite his many attempts to find a mate, was single. The detective I spoke to said “It’s a growing problem. Just keep hanging up on them.”
I’ve teamed up with Jurispage.com, specialists in marketing for attorneys, to present a 30-minute webinar (no charge and open to all) on Wed, Aug 27 at 1:30 ppm EDT, to explain how Google+, combined with a comprehensive marketing plan, will give you a competitive advantage.
The webinar launches our new Hangout-based video interviews for attorneys.
Best Digital Cases
- Dog Elected Mayor in Minnesota town
- Promoter forces concert goers to watch anti-drug video (but in a cool way)
- My Monopoly lets you personalize the game w/your social media photos
- MeowMix Jingle Contest gives your cat a starring role
Shiny New Stuff
- Use your phone to create t-shirts with SeeMe app
- Celestis Pet rockets your pet’s remains into outer space
- Phoenix Wright – Ace Attorney app puts client destiny in your hands
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS